Wednesday 4 September 2013

Are you running from God?




This week we begin a five week series about a guy who ran from God.   Jonah wasn’t the first to run away from God and he won’t be the last.  I’ll bet some of you can relate. I know I can.  Of course none of us have been charged with the task of conveying a message of judgment against another nation.   

That doesn’t really happen anymore… I don’t think. 

But sometimes you’re doing life, walking along, minding your own business and God tells you to do something.  And you couldn’t really say how you knew, but you knew, and that’s all that mattered. 

And this thing God is telling you to do is scary, outside of your comfort zone.  And you don’t want to do it.  But God says, “My roof, my rules.”  And you have a choice to make:  Do you do it, or not? 

So... do you do it?  Or not?

The answer to that question makes a big difference. 

-A

 
www.knoxmidland.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment